iDrive – Tony Vance
Thursday 14th March 2013, 4:36PM GMT.
He’s a man with one of the busiest fixture lists in Guernsey. Here GFC’s Tony Vance reveals how his car is a real star signing..
1. What are you driving at the moment?
A Great Wall Steed SE, sponsored by Barras Car Centre. It is very handy and versatile, comfortable for all the family with excellent load space for all my football-coaching equipment. I am very grateful to the centre for providing it.
2. What was your best car and why?
A Land Rover Discovery 3. Having three children, a big car is important. It was very nice to drive, luxurious and had lots of space. It also had loads of gadgets, which I love.
3. Do you consider yourself to be a good driver?
Yes, although my wife will claim otherwise. She is, however, a terrible passenger-seat driver.
4. Who keeps your car clean?
I do, but also I am very lucky because the boys from Barras give it a full valet before every GFC home match, which is nice.
5. What do you keep in your glovebox?
6. What frustrates you on the roads?
Nothing really, although I wouldn’t like to follow my Mum too much, she is not the best driver.
7. Do you have a favourite soundtrack to play while you drive?
I have various playlists I listen to, but my 15-year-old daughter is starting to take control of these.
8. What would be your dream car and why?
A Great Wall Steed SE, sponsored by Barras Car Centre. If not probably a Land Rover Discovery 4, with all the gadgets.
9. If you could take your car on a dream journey where would it be?
Probably across France to Avoriaz, my favourite ski resort.
10. What would make driving a more pleasant experience for you?
If my wonderful wife could sit in the passenger seat and not comment on my driving or that I am going the wrong way.
CampaignsVoice For Victims
Voice for Victims is a campaign aimed at promoting the rights of those affected by child sexual abuse.