iDrive… with Russell Welbourne
Wednesday 28th August 2013, 11:29AM BST.
Russell is a traffic warden and a familiar face around Town. He was formerly a butcher and had his own business in the Market before opting for a change in career.
He has owned his car for 10 years, having bought it from a family member.
1. What are you driving at the moment?
A Suzuki Jimny.
2. What was your best car and why?
Mercedes A170, a nice family car.
3. Do you consider yourself to be a good driver?
Of course, don’t we all?
4. Who keeps your car clean?
Me. Sometimes the wife.
5. What do you keep in your glovebox?
6. What frustrates you on the roads?
Not much – you learn to be patient in my job.
7. Do you have a favourite soundtrack to play while you drive?
No, I like most music.
8. What would be your dream car and why?
Audi R8. Looks great, sounds better.
9. If you could take your car on a dream journey, where would it be?
Travelling around Europe.
10. What would make driving a more pleasant experience for you?
Longer roads without roadworks.