iDrive… with Chris Carr
Wednesday 11th September 2013, 4:29PM BST.
Chris Carr is managing director of Inspired Estate Agents. As he spends a large proportion of the day on the road, having the right vehicle and driving conditions are all important, but his real love, the tractor, simply wouldn’t work as a company car.
1. What are you driving at the moment?
A Mercedes ML320
2. What was your best car and why?
A Mini 1275 GT – it was my first car. In fact, I had a number of firsts in that reliable runner, including my first crash, but I won’t dwell on that. I own a compact tractor and I have to say it is a contender for overall best vehicle. It makes me smile when I’m riding around on it.
3. Do you consider yourself to be a good driver?
Yes. I’m also very competitive at go-karting. I reckon
I could give The Stig a run for his money.
4. Who keeps your car clean?
The car wash. Although I’m not very lucky with them; I seem to always get trapped mid-cycle.
5. What do you keep in your glovebox?
Business cards, a hat, gloves and instruction manuals.
6. What frustrates you on the roads?
People who don’t indicate.
7. Do you have a favourite soundtrack to play while you drive?
Not really, but I do like to play some tracks at a high volume.
8. What would be your dream car and why?
A Claus Tractor. Hugely impractical obviously, well, generally just huge, and most certainly not company car material, but I’m obsessed. These are the things of my dreams.
9. If you could take your car on a dream journey, where would it be?
I have been on some incredible road trips and seen some amazing sights, but Guernsey’s west coast in the summer beats them all.
10. What would make driving a more pleasant experience for you?
Fewer potholes and sections of road with no speed restrictions.