Quick leftover bread and bacon salad
Thursday 12th September 2013, 11:55AM BST.
Method – 1. Cube your stale ciabatta and place in a bowl with some olive oil and salt and pepper. 2. 2. Slice fresh mushrooms, crush some garlic and chop the bacon.
Salt and pepper
Good quality smoked bacon
Mixed salad leaves
Grated parmesan (optional)
1. Cube your stale ciabatta and place in a bowl with some olive oil and salt and pepper.
2. 2. Slice fresh mushrooms, crush some garlic and chop the bacon.
3. 3. For the salad, chop some spring onions, slice an avocado and halve some cherry tomatoes. Arrange your salad leaves on a plate and sprinkle on the other salad ingredients.
4. 4. Heat a frying pan and throw in the bread cubes. When they are toasted remove from the pan and put to one side.
5. 5. In the same pan fry the bacon, mushrooms and garlic. When the bacon is crisping and the mushrooms are golden return the croutons to the pan, add a splash of olive oil and give them a shake before tipping them over the salad.
6. 6. If you like top it off with a poached egg and some grated parmesan.