The Strand will reopen as soon as soon as it’s safe
Wednesday 8th August 2012, 8:30AM BST.
THE Strand will reopen as soon as construction work there is completed, the man behind the closure said yesterday.
Paul Nobes owns a site on the south side of the road and is building a house on the land.
He said he had been forced to close the road on safety grounds
He added that while the road was set to be closed for a year, he would ensure that it was reopened as soon as it was safe – but it was unclear how long the construction would take.
Deputy Barry Brehaut, who is also on the Environment Department board, said he had looked into the issue and had hoped that pedestrian access would be reinstated, but that was not possible because there were concerns over safety.
CampaignsVoice For Victims
Voice for Victims is a campaign aimed at promoting the rights of those affected by child sexual abuse.