Woman flees fire in tears
Thursday 15th November 2012, 1:00PM GMT.
A WOMAN broke down in tears as she left her flat yesterday morning after a blaze gutted her kitchen.
The fire at the Union Street property started in the airing cupboard of the ground floor apartment just after 8am.
Two fire appliances were on the scene within four minutes, but not before the blaze had spread to the hallway and kitchen.
Firefighters had to wear breathing apparatus to tackle the blaze due to thick smoke, which left the walls black.
The female tenant and her baby escaped the flat unhurt, but the fate of her two cats has not been confirmed.
CampaignsVoice For Victims
Voice for Victims is a campaign aimed at promoting the rights of those affected by child sexual abuse.