Fire breaks out at unoccupied property in Rouge Huis Avenue
Wednesday 12th December 2012, 3:00PM GMT.
FIRE CREWS rushed to St Peter Port yesterday to extinguish a fire that broke out in an airing cupboard.
Nobody was in the Rouge Huis Avenue property when the fire started at around 10.20am but nearby neighbours heard the smoke alarm and alerted the owner, who was just on their way back home.
Two fire appliances attended along with 10 crew members.
Station manager Kevin Murphy could not confirm the cause of the fire until an investigation had been complete.