Sarah Groves’ father hails significant development in murder trial
Tuesday 10th September 2013, 12:19PM BST.
THE father of murdered Guernsey woman Sarah Groves has confirmed that there has been a ‘significant development’ in the trial of the man accused of killing her.
But Vic Groves was unable to give any further details at present as the evidence has not yet been put before the court.
Mr Groves returned from Kashmir at the end of last week after the trial of Dutch national Richard de Wit was adjourned for a fourth time.
The 43-year-old has pleaded not guilty to the charges of murder and illegally fleeing the area.
Mr Groves said Friday’s hearing was postponed because there were no police officers available to escort De Wit to court because they had been assigned for security duty at a music festival.
‘It is frustrating and everybody is fed up, including the defence lawyer. She has to make the nightmare of a journey from Delhi every time and she is pretty hacked off to say the least.
‘We have got nowhere in six months,’ he said.
‘I do have faith in the justice system—I can’t have anything but at the moment – but I don’t have as much faith in the police handling of everything.’