Weather – Shipping
Shipping forecast from the Jersey Met. Office.
Occasional rain p.m.
STRONG WIND WARNING
At the time of issue there was a Strong Wind Warning in force for the Channel Islands Area.
At 12 p.m, low, 971 mb, slow moving near Iceland with associated cold front crossing the area this evening followed by a temporary ridge.
Forecast from 7pm Friday to 7pm Saturday.
- Forecast: Mainly fair.
- Wind: Northwest to west 5 to 6, decreasing 4 to 5 after midnight, backing southwest to south by dawn, increasing 5 to 6 Saturday morning, then 6 to 7 by late afternoon.
- Visibility: Good.
- Sea State: Moderate to rather rough, locally rough in the north.
- Swell: 3 to 5 ft increasing 7 to 10ft Saturday morning.
- Sea Temp: 11
Outlook from 7pm Saturday to 7pm Sunday.
- Forecast: Occasional rain and drizzle on Sunday.
- Wind: Southwest to south 6 to 7, perhaps locally gale 8 in the north, decreasing 5 to 6 during Sunday morning, locally 7 in the north later.
- Visibility: Good, locally moderate to poor in rain.
- Sea State: Moderate to rather rough, locally rough in the north for a time, with swell persisting.