How do I do a hard reset on my Apple Watch?
How to Hard Reset Apple Watch
- Hold down the side button and Digital Crown at the same time. The Digital Crown is the rotating button located on the side of the device.
- Keep holding these two buttons down until you see the Apple logo appear on the screen.
How do I reboot my Apple Watch?
To force restart your Apple Watch, press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo.
How do I reset my Apple Watch after too many passcode attempts?
Press and hold the Digital Crown, then tap Reset. After the reset finishes and your Apple Watch restarts, you need to pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone again—open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, then follow the instructions shown on your iPhone and Apple Watch.
How do I reset and reinstall Apple Watch?
On your Apple Watch, tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. Type your password if prompted. For GPS + Cellular models, choose to keep or remove your mobile data plan. If you want to pair your Apple Watch and iPhone again, keep your plan.
Why won’t my Apple Watch do a hard reset?
There are four main reasons why your Apple Watch won’t force restart. The first is that it has frozen, and is therefore completely unresponsive. The next is that it is in Power Reserve mode. It could be that it has run out of battery life and isn’t charging.
Why can’t I reset my Apple Watch?
If your Apple Watch is unresponsive when attempting to erase it, then it may help to first force restart it: Remove it from the charger and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, releasing them when the Apple logo is displayed.
How do I fix my Apple Watch?
Open the Settings app and go to General. Now, scroll all the way down to the Reset label and tap it. Hit Erase All Content and Settings, confirm your intentions and after a few seconds your Apple Watch will be ready to repair!
How do I reset my second hand Apple Watch?
Question: Q: How to reset my Apple Watch after buying second hand?
- Keep your Apple Watch and iPhone close together.
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and tap the My Watch tab.
- Tap your watch name at the top of the screen, then tap .
- Tap Unpair Apple Watch.
- Enter your Apple ID password. …
- Tap again to confirm.
How do you reset an Apple Watch that is not paired?
Erase Apple Watch if you don’t have its paired iPhone
- Open the Settings app on your watch, then tap General > Reset.
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings, then tap again to confirm.
- Wait for the watch to unpair.
- After the Apple Watch unpairs completely, you can pair again.
How do I reset my Apple Watch without paired phone?
How to erase your Apple Watch if you don’t have your iPhone
- On your Apple Watch, tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
- Type your password if prompted.
- For GPS + Cellular models, choose to keep or remove your cellular plan. …
- Tap Erase All to confirm.
How do I reset my Apple Watch without an Apple ID and previous owner?
The following explains how to do that.
- Launch the Settings app on your Apple Watch and tap the General option.
- Select the Reset option and tap on Erase All Content and Settings. …
- Your Apple Watch will ask you to input your passcode. …
- Tap the Erase All option and your Apple Watch will begin to reset.
How do you delete an Apple Watch account?
- On a computer, go to iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Go to Find My iPhone.
- Select All Devices, then click your Apple Watch.
- Click Erase Apple Watch. Select Next until the device is erased.
- Click the remove button next to your Apple Watch.
What happens if I forgot my password to my Apple Watch?
If you still can’t remember your passcode, you can reset Apple Watch, reset the passcode, then restore Apple Watch from a backup. Restoring erases the content and settings on your Apple Watch, but uses a backup to replace your data and settings.
How do you unpair a watch without a phone?
How To Unpair Apple Watch without iPhone
- Put your Apple Watch on its charger.
- Press and hold the side button as if you were going to power it down.
- Do a firm press on the POWER OFF slider and let go.
- Tap Erase all content and settings.
How do I set previous owner of Apple Watch?
Make sure that the previous owner removed Activation Lock from the watch and that the watch has been erased. They must unpair the watch and remove Activation Lock by entering their Apple ID password, so you can use the watch. If you see the passcode lock screen or the Home screen, the device needs to be erased.
How do you get into a locked Apple Watch?
Why can’t I unpair my Apple Watch?
If you don’t have your iPhone and can’t unpair, you can still erase all content and settings on your Apple Watch: On your Apple Watch, tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. For Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular), choose to keep or remove your cellular plan.
Do I have to unpair my Apple Watch?
Before anything at all, you need to unpair your Apple Watch from your previous phone for you to be able to pair with your phone. So, the first thing you want to do is unpair and wipe out every detail on your Apple Watch. Once unpaired, the Apple Watch automatically returns to its factory settings.
Does unpairing Apple Watch erase activity data?
Historic Health and Activity data is stored on your iPhone, not on your Apple Watch, so will not be lost.
Why won’t my Apple Watch disconnect from my phone?
Check that both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are enabled on your iPhone: It may help to toggle Bluetooth off and on again on your iPhone (Settings > Bluetooth). Check that Airplane Mode is not enabled on your watch: When viewing the time on your watch, swipe up on the watch face > swipe left / right to the Settings Glance.
What happens when you reset Apple Watch?
If it isn’t already obvious, resetting your Apple Watch back to factory settings will erase everything on it, including music, data, settings, messages, and everything else, and install a fresh version of watchOS. After erasing all content and settings, you will have to pair your Apple Watch again with your iPhone.
Does unpairing watch remove all data?
Unpairing erases all data from your Apple Watch–but not forever! … You can then pair a new Apple Watch or that same Apple Watch again and restore that backup. So yes, the device is erased. But as long as you use the Watch app on your iPhone, you do not lose any data since it makes a complete backup of all your data.