How do I receive AirDrop files on my Mac?
Or open an AirDrop window, then drag files to the recipient:
- Select AirDrop in the sidebar of a Finder window. Or choose Go > AirDrop from the menu bar.
- The AirDrop window shows nearby AirDrop users. Drag one or more documents, photos, or other files to the recipient shown in the window.
Why is my Mac not receiving airdrops?
If your AirDrop isn’t working on iPhone, iPad, or Mac, first check that Bluetooth is turned on. To fix an AirDrop connection, also make sure that both devices are discoverable. To get AirDrop working on a Mac, you may need to adjust your firewall settings. Visit Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
How do I receive an AirDrop?
How to accept Airdrop. When someone shares something with you using AirDrop, you see an alert with a preview. You can tap Accept or Decline. If you tap Accept, the AirDrop will come through within the same app it was sent from.
How do I turn on AirDrop on my Mac desktop?
On your Mac, click the Finder icon in the Dock to open a Finder window. In the Finder sidebar, click AirDrop. In the AirDrop window, click the “Allow me to be discovered by” pop-up menu, then choose an option.
How do I AirDrop from iPhone to macbook?
How to AirDrop photos from iPhone to Mac
- Open the file that you want to AirDrop. …
- Tap the share icon in the lower left.
- Choose AirDrop.
- Select your Apple device from the menu. …
- Once your photos or videos have been sent, tap Done.
How do I change where AirDrop files go Mac?
Below “Filter Finder Items” drag Move Finder Items from the left side, and choose the new folder location. That’s it. When someone airdrops a file that meets the criteria you set up, it should automatically move to the specified folder. Hope this helps someone!
Where do I find AirDrop files?
AirDrop files are stored in the app that matches them. For example, pictures will be saved in your Photos app. A presentation will be saved in Keynote. Contacts will be saved in Contacts.
How do I AirDrop to my desktop?
Turn on AirDrop:
- On a Mac: Click the desktop to switch to the Finder, then choose Go > AirDrop (from the Go menu at the top of the screen). An AirDrop window opens. …
- On iPhone or iPad: Open Control Center. Tap AirDrop, then choose whether to receive items from everyone or only from people in your Contacts app.
How do I AirDrop directly to photos on Mac?
Use AirDrop to share photos from Photos on Mac
- In the Photos app on your Mac, select the photos you want to share.
- Click the Share button in the toolbar and choose AirDrop. A window appears showing nearby AirDrop users. …
- Click the name of the person you want to share with, then click Done.
Where do airdropped videos go on Mac?
Airdrop Files On Mac Are Saved In the Downloads Folder
By default any file sent to a Mac through Airdrop will be saved in the Downloads folder, which is found at the bottom right corner of the home menu bar.
How do I move videos from iPhone to Mac?
How to manually import videos from iPhone to Mac
- Plug in your iPhone to your Mac.
- Open Photos if it doesn’t automatically launch.
- Click on your iPhone in the side bar (left side of Photos)
- Click Import All New Videos or click on desired videos and click Import Selected.
- Your newly imported videos are now on your Mac.
How do I AirDrop from iPad to mac?
How to AirDrop from iPad to Mac
- Go to the Photos app on your iPad.
- Select the items you want to share.
- Tap the “Share” button and choose “AirDrop.”
- Tap the name of your Mac and receive these items from your Mac.
How do I know if an AirDrop went through?
When someone shares something with you using AirDrop, you see an alert with a preview. You can tap Accept or Decline. If you tap Accept, the AirDrop will come through within the same app it was sent from. For example, photos appear in the Photos app and websites open in Safari.
Where do AirDrop files go iPad?
Where AirDrop Photos, Videos, Images, and Movies are Saved in iOS. Photos and videos transferred to an iPhone or iPad via AirDrop will appear in the Photos app and your camera roll.
Where is the Downloads folder on a Mac?
You can easily access the Downloads folder is easily accessed from Finder’s sidebar. If you don’t see it under Favorites, go to Finder > Preferences, and turn it on in the Sidebar tab. You can also quickly get to it from Go > Downloads (Option+Command+L). The Downloads folder is aptly named.
How do I AirDrop a link?
How to use AirDrop on your iPhone and iPad to share photos, videos, contacts, and links
- Choose what you want to share and press the share icon.
- Select the AirDrop option, which is always first on the list.
- Choose the device or person you wish to send your file to.
How do I enable AirDrop on my iPad?
Apple iPad – Turn AirDrop On / Off
- From a Home screen on your. Settings. General. .
- Tap. AirDrop. .
- Select an AirDrop setting: Selected when a checkmark is present. Receiving Off. : AirDrop is turned off. Contacts Only. : AirDrop is discoverable only by people in contacts. Everyone. : AirDrop is discoverable by everyone.
Can you AirDrop to iPad?
AirDrop is a built-in feature in Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch, making the data transfer between two AirDrop-supported devices possible. … Or if you want to sync photos from your iPhone to your iPad, you can use AirDrop to make it.