What does it mean when you have a dream of dialing 911, but it never works? If you have a recurring dialing 911 dream, it may be a sign reflecting your inner emotional vulnerability or crisis.
In this post, we will know the meaning of the 911 dream and what to do when having this kind of dream.
911 Dream Meaning: Dream Of Calling 911 But Never Works
When you have a recurring dream of dialing 911 but failing to do so, it may be a sign that you need to address some unresolved trauma in your life. This can include things like past relationships, physical or emotional abuse, and even childhood traumas.
As we all know that 911 is the line used to call for help, especially in an emergency. So, when in your dream, you see yourself trying to call 911, it gives a sense that you are searching for help in panic. The act that you fail to connect to 911 signifies that, in reality, you have difficulty expressing your emotions and asking out for help even though you do want it.
Such dreams are referred to as anxiety dreams, which reflect the stress and fears you endured during your day. So, to deal with it, you’d better talk about your feelings and make a calming routine before going to bed. We will mention this in the next part.
What To Do When Having An Anxiety 911 Dream?
As mentioned, when you intentionally call out for 911 in your dream, you may have suffered emotional problems in your waking life. So, the best thing you can do is to figure out what bothers you in real life and deal with it to reduce anxiety.
Try to express your feelings is the best way to avoid and reduce the stress build-up. There are several things you can do to let go of your uneasy feelings.
- You can talk about your stress and also your calling 911 dream with your family or someone you trust if you can. They can see the problems from other angles and helps you get through them.
- Try some new hobbies related to creativity, such as drawing, writing, or playing musical instruments. If you do feel uncomfortable expressing your emotions and thoughts with others by talking, you can express them in other ways. Drawing pictures, writing a poem or diary, or singing can all help.
- Exercising is another method to reduce stress. Walking, running, dancing, or swimming all work. Just decide the type of exercise you like and do it.
- Start practicing calming bedtime routine. You can spend around 30 minutes before your bedtime listening to healing music, meditating, or doing some yoga exercises. You can also spend this time writing your diary, writing down what you are grateful for in a day.
- Go to see your psychologist or therapist if you have trouble dealing with anxiety. Anxiety dreams often cause by childhood trauma, so you should visit your therapist to face and overcome this.
When you have a recurring dream of dialing 911, it may signify that you have difficulty expressing your emotions and asking out for help even though you do want it in your waking life. So, you should try to express your feelings and be brave to ask for help.
The mentioned ways are what I have tried to get better sleep and reduce the time of nightmares. I also suffered such dreams of calling out for help but could not succeed. At that time, I did experience burn-out status. Could not sleep well for about two weeks drained me out. Now, my sleep is better, and I’ve remained my writing practice in the morning and in every time I feel overwhelmed. So, I hope this article will help you in some ways.
What does it mean when you dream about calling 911?
911 is to number for calling to ask for help, especially in cases of dangerous situations. So, intentionally dialing 911 in a dream suggests that you are pleading for help and support. This may indicate that you have something on your mind or suffer an inner crisis that you want to discuss with someone.
What does it mean when you can’t call for help in a dream?
The inability to call for assistance in a dream signifies a feeling of helplessness in waking life. It may indicate that factors such as pride, shyness, or self-sabotage are preventing you from asking for assistance when you need it the most.
What causes anxiety dreams?
Anxiety-inducing dreams may be the result of childhood trauma or an adult’s experience with conflict.
Anxiety dreams are described by the dreamer awakening with thoughts and emotions of unease, distress, or despair. Even though nightmares frequently induce more intense fear than general anxiety, they are also considered anxiety dreams because daytime anxiety can increase the likelihood of nightmares.
Video: Why Anxiety Affects Your Sleep…
Tracy M. Hall was born in 1995 and studies society, human behavior, and mentality. She’s captivated by people’s interactions and motivations. After studying sociology, she got a Ph.D. in social psychology from Carnegie Mellon University. She wrote about human interaction, separation, and the future.
Tracy M. Hall is a social butterfly who likes meeting new people. She’s a superb listener and often acts as a confidante or mediator, eager to help others. Tracy’s life is an open book; Tracy shares her experiences to benefit others. She’s a natural optimist who feels everyone has something to offer and loves helping others realize their best.
Tracy M. Hall volunteered with mental health groups for years. She’s dedicated to destigmatizing mental illness and assisting.