This post will show you how to see who shared your reel on Facebook and Instagram. These simple instructions are designed for account owners that are highly engaged in influencing their target audience with relevant content. For business owners, from small to big, having full insight into how their followers interact with the posts also play a huge part in their success.
We can only see who shared our reel if they reposted it to their Instagram Story section. Go to your profile > Open the reel you want to check > Click on the 3 dots icon in the top corner > Choose View story reshares > Now you see a grid of Insta stories that include your original reel > Click on each story manually to see the account names that reshare your content.
Can You See Who Viewed Your Reels?
The answer is the same for both Facebook and Instagram: No, you can’t see who viewed your reels. What we have access to is the total number of likes that we receive on each reel and who left the like/ heart.
Since the view count mechanism is a bit tricky, registering the name of each account that has viewed reels is too hectic for both social media platforms. Thus, I don’t expect Mark to develop this function anytime soon.
How To See Who Shared Your Reel
So we can’t see who viewed our reels, but it’s 100% possible to see who SHARED them and how many times people shared in total. Keep in mind that not in all cases we can spy on the identity of those that reshare. Here is how you can track the shares on Facebook and Instagram.
How to see who shared your reel on Facebook
Unfortunately, there is no way to check who shared your reel on Facebook. We can only see the account names of those that have left likes and comments. The only information we can get our hands on share-wise is the total number of it.
How to see who shared my reel on Instagram
If someone reshares your reel to their story section, you can find out their account name. To view the people who shared your post via Instagram stories:
- Step 1: Go to your profile, open the post you’ve published recently
- Step 3: Click on the three dots in the top right-hand corner of the post
- Step 2: The option “View stories reshared” will reveal who has shared your posts on their story section within the last 24 hours. This feature works only with recent videos that you publish under 24h ago.
If you have switched your private account to a business account, you can check the number of reel shares by following these steps:
- Step 1: Go to your profile
- Step 2: Open the reel section, then pick the reel you want complete insight
- Step 3: Click on the 3 dots icon on the right side of the screen
- Step 4: Choose View Insights
Why cant I see who shared my reel?
It isn’t very easy to know who shared your posts on Instagram. The app won’t show who has shared your content if you own a normal account.
But if you have a business/ creator account, checking the Insights section will reveal the total number of shares. And if your followers reshare the reels to their Story, we can track them back to their account names. Other than these cases, we can’t see who shared the reels.
How To See If Your Reel Has Been Shared
It’s easy to view the reel shares on Facebook since we have a dedicated icon under which we can see the total number of shares. But what about Instagram?
As we have mentioned above, the View Insight function will reveal all the times people repost your content. This is the only way we can check if the reel has been shared or not. It’s not as convenient as Facebook in this aspect.
Share Reel From Instagram To Facebook
To share reel from Instagram to Facebook when you are the audience, please follow these steps:
- Step 1: Open the reel you want to share
- Step 3: Click on the 3 dots button on the right side of the screen
- Step 4: Choose Share To
- Step 5: Find Facebook in the list and share the reel
If you are the content creator, here is how you can share your Instagram reels to Facebook easily and quickly:
- Step 1: Pick a reel you want to post on Instagram and edit it however you like
- Step 2: Click Preview after editing
- Step 3: Now Instagram will take you to the publish window where you can adjust share options. Scroll down until you find Recommend on Facebook
- Step 4: Toggle on this function. You can decide if you want to share only this reel on Facebook or all reels in the future. From now on, whenever you publish a reel, it automatically appears on both Insta and FB if you pick the second option.
If you share someone’s reel do they know?
Yes, if that person has activated their Instagram business or creator account. They won’t know if you share their reel if they use a standard account. Sadly, there isn’t a way we can tell if an account is in professional or casual mode.
Why can’t I share someone’s reel to my story?
If the content owner disabled the share function, you can’t repost their content to your Story. The account type of the content owner must be public for the function Add post to Story to appear as well.
Does Instagram notify when you share a reel?
Instagram doesn’t send any notification to someone when we share a post or reel of said person.
Why can’t I see who shared my post on Facebook?
Facebook seems to be restricting this function, and the app only shows how many times the post was shared.
Andrew N. Keegan is a self-proclaimed “tech junkie” who loves consumer electronics. He loves Apple products and is always in line for the newest iPad. In addition, he loves technology, Office products, and social media.
He was continually attempting to figure out his family’s computer. This thing led to an interest in how technology may improve our lives. He holds a degree in IT from NYIT and has worked in IT for over a decade. Since then, he’s been hunting for new goods to share with friends and family.
Andrew N. Keegan loves video games, tech news, and his two cats. He’s also active on social media and shares his latest tech finds.