If you wonder how to play steam games on Oculus Quest 2 without PC, we have got you covered! However, suppose you’re new to the world of VR gaming, and you want to play your favorite games on a standalone headset. In that case, you may be interested in the Oculus Quest. It’s a standalone headset that doesn’t require a computer or any external peripherals to work. So how do we install a Steam game on it and play?
The best way to play Steam games on Quest 2 without having to use your PC is to use a virtual desktop or Desktop Vision. This method allows you to get into the games via your mobile. However, the truth is that we still need to connect our phones to the PC using these apps. So more or less, “using PC” is still required. Therefore, we have prepared the instructions below!
How To Play Steam Games On Oculus Quest 2 Without PC For Free
This is our detailed instructions. Don’t miss any step to ensure that the connection is quick and secure.
Can you play Steam games on Oculus Quest 2 without a PC?
Unfortunately, customers cannot play Steam games directly without connecting the headset to the PC. Instead, players are required to use a gaming PC of some kind. As long as they have a PC capable of running VR games, they will be able to play Steam games on their Oculus Quest 2 headset.
How to play Steam Games on Oculus Quest 2 without PC
- Step 1: Enable the Bluetooth of your phone and PC and connect them together using PlutoSphere
- Step 2: Go to Chrome and open the website Desktop Vision
- Step 3: Connect your phone with your PC via this website
- Step 4: Now, your phone becomes your desktop. You can access any software or app you have on your PC.
- Step 5: Now connect your headset to the Quest app on your PC (which you can find through your phone, given that you have turned your phone into your PC)
- Step 6: Put on your headset and access the Steam games.
How to play PC VRChat on Quest 2 without PC
You can play VRChat on Quest 2 without using a PC, given that the VRChat can be downloaded via Quest Store, which doesn’t have to do with Steam or PC download. To play the VRChat, all you have to do is:
- Step 1: Put on your headset with wifi connection
- Step 2: Open the Quest Store using your headset and controllers
- Step 3: Find VRChat and launch it. Now you can enjoy the game without the help of a PC.
Install Steam Games On Oculus Quest 2
- Step 1: To begin, players must have Steam VR downloaded on the Steam app, which allows users to play VR independent of the headset in use
- Step 2: Set up your Oculus Quest 2 and connect it to the Oculus software on PC. After pairing the headset with the Oculus software, Airlink will allow users to cast their PC’s desktop to the Quest 2 as if it were a cable version.
- Step 3: Then, on the new home screen, users must select the “Desktop” option from the bottom menu. This will give them a full view of their PC desktop.
- Step 4: Find Steam and launch it. Now all you need is a VR game to play. If you have any game in mind, download it before connecting the headset to the PC. That way, you can play the game you like when you have the Quest 2 on.
How To Play Steam Games Without PC
If you have a smartphone and want to play Steam games without a PC, try some “emulator” apps dedicated to running Steam games. For example, Chikii is an excellent option for mobile gamers. The app includes a list of famous PC games on Steam and allows players to enjoy the titles for free. Some of the games that you can encounter there are:
- The Witcher 3
- GTA V
- Poppy Playtime
- FIFA 19
- Devil May Cry
Of course, this app doesn’t have all the games available on Steam, but it is still an excellent and affordable option to play them without using a PC. All the games are free to play. This is exceptionally impressive because, for example, The Witcher 3 costs at least 17$ to get. In addition, the app is available on CH Play, so it is legal in every sense.
However, players are required to stand in line to wait for the server to respond. This is because the games are stored on online servers, and many players are making a queue to enter the game rooms. If you are interested in joining quickly without waiting, upgrading your user plan from standard to premium is recommendable.
Can I play Steam games on Oculus Quest?
Yes, you can play Steam games on Oculus Quest. However, you will not be able to play any Steam games that require an Xbox controller or PlayStation 4 DualShock 4 controller.
How do I add steam games to my Oculus library?
– Step 1: Connect your Oculus to your PC using Air Link
– Step 2: Put your headset on, and you will see some buttons in the home menu
– Step 3: Find your computer in the Air Link section of the headset
– Step 4: Launch your PC via Oculus
– Step 5: Go back to the main menu on Oculus and click on the Desktop button on the menu bar
– Step 6: Find Steam and launch it to enjoy Steam games that you have downloaded.
Can you play Steam games on Oculus Quest 2 wirelessly?
Yes, Oculus Quest 2 has an Air Link feature that allows players to wirelessly connect Steam to your headset.
Andrew N. Keegan is a self-proclaimed “tech junkie” who loves consumer electronics. He loves Apple products and is always in line for the newest iPad. In addition, he loves technology, Office products, and social media.
He was continually attempting to figure out his family’s computer. This thing led to an interest in how technology may improve our lives. He holds a degree in IT from NYIT and has worked in IT for over a decade. Since then, he’s been hunting for new goods to share with friends and family.
Andrew N. Keegan loves video games, tech news, and his two cats. He’s also active on social media and shares his latest tech finds.